Deep Thoughts With Lucas

We went to Will Rogers State Park this weekend.  Lukie and I climbed a big hill together, trekking through the trees and rocks and finding our path up the big hill.  Halfway up the big hill, Lukie had to pee.  So he peed on the mountain.

Three nights later, Lukie is falling asleep in bed after story-time.  Out of nowhere, half asleep:

  • LUCAS: "Maybe... Maybe I do."
  • DAD: "Maybe you do what?"
  • LUCAS: [waking up] "Maybe I do want to pee on the mountain again!"
  • DAD: [stifling laughter]
  • LUCAS: "But maybe I should pee in the toilet."
  • DAD: "Well, I think there are only two places you should pee.  What do you think those two places are?"
  • LUCAS: "The toilet..." [smiling] "And the mountain!"
  • DAD: "I think that's right, bud! You should always pee in the toilet.  But sometimes you might have to pee on a mountain."
  • LUCAS: "Yeah, and spiders.  Sometimes I pee on spiders."
  • DAD: "Well, no, we shouldn't pee on spiders..." [losing it]
  • LUCAS: "Yeah... You're right.  Maybe spiders are gonna bite my pee-pee and pull it off."